I’m excited to share with you about the NEXT 2014 Children’s Ministry Conference, taking place in Chicago, IL on May 3rd! This conference is being hosted by Moody Bible Institute in downtown Chicago. I have the privilege of being the NEXT Conference Director and being a part of the NEXT 2014 team that is putting together this amazing day of children’s ministry training. We are excited to bring in four quality children’s ministry speakers to speak on the general topic of communicating biblical truth to children. The theme this year is Communicating Truth: Theologically, Developmentally, and Creatively.
This day of children’s ministry training is designed for church leaders, ministry volunteers, and college students who are serving currently or would like to serve in children’s ministry. Here is a list of our incredible line-up of speakers and their topics:
Dr. Paul Nyquist, President of the Moody Bible Institute
Topic: Partnership Between the Church and the Family in Ministry to Children
Elizabeth Smith, Professor of Youth and Children’s Ministry at Moody Bible Institute
Topic: Teaching Children Theologically
Karl Bastian, President of Kidology
Topic: Teaching Children Developmentally
Brannon Marshall, Director of Global Church Engagement at Awana
Topic: Teaching Children Creatively
Thanks to the support of the Moody Bible Institute, we are able to provide this event to you at a very low cost: $20 for general admission and $10 for student admission!
Here is what the day will look like:
- Registration (8-9am)
- Opening Session (9-9:30am)
- Main Session #1 (9:30-10:45am)
- Break (10:45-11am)
- Main Session #2 (11am-12:15pm)
- Lunch (12:15-1:15pm)
- Main Session #3 (1:15-2:30pm)
- Closing Session (2:30-3pm)
Interested in coming? You can register for this event at our Eventbrite webpage!
- Date: May 3rd from 9am-3pm (registration and check-in begins at 8am)
- Where: Moody Bible Institute, 820 N LaSalle Blvd, Chicago IL 60610
- Registration: Register for your ticket at our Eventbrite page.
- Lunch: Is provided for $5 per person (in addition to admission price)
- Parking: Free parking at Moody all-day
- Bring: Your ticket from Eventbrite registration, payment for admission, and lunch (or $5 for conference lunch)
- Pay: You can pay for your admission (and lunch if requested) at the door
- Questions: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope that this excellent day of children’s ministry training will help your ministry team become better equipped to share the Gospel with children. We hope to see you there!